Terms & Conditions
We aim to be competitive on price within New Zealand, if you find the exact product (model, size, colour, year) at a lower price, then we will match it. The product must be in stock at the other retailer. We do not price match ski boots. The price match does not apply to auction sites, sole traders or parallel importers. Call us on 03 318 8433 or email us.
We aim to keep all our products and inventory 100% accurate, our website is linked to our inventory system. On the rare occasion that there has been a stock error and a product on your order is unavailable: We will first try to source the exact product from the New Zealand importer/supplier within a reasonable time scale. If we cannot source the exact product a full refund on the out of stock item will be issued.
We offer ‘Pre-orders’ on all new season products from March of each year through to 30th April. The ‘Pre-order’ system gives you a chance to secure the new season products as well as receive a discount off full retail price. The discount percentage can vary on each product. ‘Pre-orders’ will be shipped as soon as the product arrives in stock (this is usually mid-May). On receipt of purchase Gnomes will advise the customer on approximate delivery date. From time to time a product line may be cancelled and not delivered from the brands New Zealand importer, in this case a best match alternative will be offered or a full refund on the product which has been cancelled. No refunds for 'change of mind' will be issued on ‘Pre-orders’ products.
All prices advertised on this website are in New Zealand dollars and are GST inclusive.
We guarantee that all ski boots fitted and purchased from Gnomes Alpine Sports, will fit, perform and be comfortable. If after skiing, problems occur we will work on the boots at no extra charge. Finally, if the boots are unsuitable after our refitting efforts we will buy the boots back less a usage charge of 30% of the original purchase price.
The following conditions apply:
- 30% of the original purchase price will be credited against the ski boots only.
- Custom insoles must be purchased and used for the Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee to take effect.
- Boots have to be purchased from Gnomes Alpine Sports.
- No unreasonable wear or tear on the ski boot.
- No Cash Refunds
- Boots purchased from www.gnomes.co.nz do not comply with the “Ski Boot Comfort Guarantee”.
Purchase your children's skis and boots from Gnomes and when they grow out of them, bring the item back and you will receive a credit towards your next purchase, of up to 40% of the original value paid (dependant on condition). Products must be on a like-for-like basis e.g. skis for skis. No refunds are given, only credits towards new equipment. Buyback items include skis, bindings and boots. 40% credit is worked out on the amount you paid after credits or discounts.
What equipment is covered under the buyback scheme?
Brand new children’s specific skis, bindings and ski boots.
Is there a time limit on the buyback?
No, we buy the equipment back once you have finished with them. If you have 3 children we will still buy them back once the youngest has out grown them.
How much do I get back on my children’s equipment?
Up to 40% of the price you paid for them, depending on condition. It’s normally always 40% unless totally wrecked!
Do you buy back gear not purchased from you?
Typically no, but if the equipment is modern and in good condition we will consider it to help you onto our scheme.
Gnomes Alpine Sports meets all laws and guidelines of the New Zealand Privacy act. Gnomes Alpine Sports will not release any customer information to third parties. Any data stored is used for Gnomes Alpine Sports business use only.
All credit card transactions are secure and cannot be intercepted by third parties. Once Gnomes Alpine Sports have completed your transaction, credit card details will be deleted.
Gnomes requires a customer’s email address and contact details to relay information during the transaction process and delivery procedure.
We offer laybys as a great way to spread the costs on ski equipment, clothing and accessories. It’s easy and hassle free!
- A deposit to the value of 20% of the total purchase price is required to start a layby.
- Payments are to be made fortnightly or monthly.
- Laybys should not exceed 4 months.
- Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods and the 20% deposit liable for forfeiture.
- A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser within the 4 month period however the 20% deposit is payable as a cancellation fee.
- Layby items cannot be exchanged or refunded after the layby has been finalised and collected if you change your mind.
- Shop online with Gnomes like normal, add products to your cart and check out using the PartPay payment method. *Cart value most be over $50
- If you are a not an existing PartPay customer. There’s no paperwork and their ID and credit check is complete in minutes. You’ll need a valid NZ debit or credit card and NZ Driver Licence.
- Pay 25% up-front and your goods are shipped straight away. Nice!
- Pay 25% for the next 3 fortnights via an automated charge on your debit or credit card. You pay no fees or interest ever unless you miss a payment.