For total peace of mind, we guarantee that all ski boots fitted and purchased from Gnomes will be comfortable. If after skiing, problems occur within 1 year of purchase, we will work on refitting the ski boots at no extra charge.
If however we’ve exhausted all our boot fitting efforts and the ski boots are still causing comfort issues, we will take back the boots and credit the purchase amount (less a usage charge of 30%) towards an alternative ski boot option.
The following conditions apply:
- A Gnomes custom footbed must be purchased and used for the guarantee to take effect.
- The guarantee is valid for 1 year from date of purchase.
- 70% of the original purchase price will be credited towards a new ski boot.
- Ski boots must be purchased from Gnomes.
- No unreasonable wear or tear on the ski boot.
- No refunds on ski boots under any circumstances.
- Boots purchased on our webstore do not comply with the guarantee.
- Race stock (world cup style) ski boots do not comply with guarantee.
- Gnomes reserve the right to change or amend the terms and conditions from time to time.
Purchase your children’s skis and boots from Gnomes and when they grow out of them, bring the item back and you will receive a credit towards your next purchase, of up to 40% of the original value paid (dependant on condition). Products must be on a like-for-like basis e.g. skis for skis. No refunds are given, only credits towards new equipment. Buyback items include skis, bindings and boots. 40% credit is worked out on the amount you paid after credits or discounts.
- What equipment is covered under the buyback scheme?
Brand new children’s specific skis, bindings and ski boots.
- Is there a time limit on the buyback?
No, we buy the equipment back once you have finished with them. If you have 3 children we will still buy them back once the youngest has out grown them.
- How much do I get back on my children’s equipment?
Up to 40% of the price you paid for them, depending on condition. It’s normally always 40% unless totally wrecked!
- Do you buy back gear not purchased from you?
Typically no, but if the equipment is modern and in good condition we will consider it to help you onto our scheme.
We aim to be competitive on price within New Zealand, if you find the exact product (model, size, colour, year) at a lower price, then we will match it. The product must be in stock with the other retailer at time of price matching.
- We do not price match ski boots (we value our boot fitting reputation)
- For online purchases, factors such as freight need to be considered.
- Not to be used in conjunction with other guarantees (e.g. Our children’s buyback scheme)
- We do not price match auction sites, sole traders, or parallel importers.
- We do not price match retrospectively (after the sale is final)
If you have any further questions please email us.
We aim to keep all our products and inventory 100% accurate, our website is linked to our inventory system. On the rare occasion that there has been a stock error and a product on your order is unavailable: We will first try to source the exact product from the New Zealand importer/supplier within a reasonable time scale. If we cannot source the exact product a full refund on the out of stock item will be issued.
We offer ‘Pre-orders’ on all new season products from February of each year through to 30th April. The ‘Pre-order’ system gives you a chance to secure the new season products as well as receive a discount off full retail price. The discount percentage can vary on each product. ‘Pre-orders’ will be shipped as soon as the product arrives in stock (this is usually mid-May). On receipt of purchase Gnomes will advise the customer on approximate delivery date. From time to time a product line may be cancelled and not delivered from the brands New Zealand importer, in this case a best match alternative will be offered or a full refund on the product which has been cancelled. No refunds for ‘change of mind’ will be issued on ‘Pre-orders’ products.
All prices advertised on ‘Gnomes’ website is stated in New Zealand dollars and are GST inclusive, unless otherwise specified. Freight is exclusive of any advertised product prices. Prices may change at any time without notice.
We offer laybys as a great way to spread the costs on ski equipment, clothing and accessories. It’s easy and hassle free!
- A deposit to the value of 30% of the total purchase price is required to start a layby.
- Payments are to be made fortnightly or monthly.
- Laybys should not exceed 4 months.
- Failure to complete payments in the specified time makes the goods and the 30% deposit liable for forfeiture.
- A layby can be cancelled by the purchaser within the 4 month period however the 30% deposit is payable as a cancellation fee.
- Layby items cannot be exchanged or refunded after the layby has been finalised and collected if you change your mind.
Payment is always taken from the customer before products are shipped, supplied, or collected. Payment must be made in full before goods are released. If payment is not received within 5 working days of an order being made, the order will be cancelled.
Payments can be made by: Bank Transfer, Credit or Debit Cards (Windcave), Poli Pay or Zip Pay.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
Please find our full Shipping & Delivery terms here.